• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On farm storage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On farm storage

Almost complete

There you go mallee, you just gained a bit of marketing power equivelant to the amount of grain those two bins hold.

Comment

How many bushels?

Comment

Nice is the rectangle pad set up for a cleaner probably not a grain dryer.

Comment

Is there a recirculating auger in those bins?

What diameter?

Comment

800t wheat aerated
            will get stats for you.
            trying to figure out what size remote hydraulic power pack to power roof augers at moment

Comment

Why not electric auger drives if you have power to run fans?

Comment

Mallee, what part of Australia are you in? My oldest son recently started working in the Bendigo area for Graincorp.

Comment

will be a remote hydraulic power set up 25 hp diesel motor 60l reservoir and correct pump.
                  elec augers not as effiecient apparently.
                  near tailem bend south Australia.

Comment

What are roof augers all about?Is there flat full floor aeration?

Comment

I would look into a generator and 3ph motors nearly double the final efficiency. Those hydraulic hoses will be fairly longggg. Though i dont quite follow the logic in those little augers. Never seen such a creature before must be for mixing?

Comment

Roof augers just to shorten your main auger me thinks...?!?

I second the vote on electric over hydraulic....much better than the hydraulic without the noise or mess or hassle of running a diesel hydraulic pack

Comment

Originally posted by Kihei View Post
                          What are roof augers all about?Is there flat full floor aeration?
                          yes to aeration didn't want to buy a 100 ft auger to centre fill so got roof augers

Comment

Originally posted by bigcoupee View Post
                            I would look into a generator and 3ph motors nearly double the final efficiency. Those hydraulic hoses will be fairly longggg. Though i dont quite follow the logic in those little augers. Never seen such a creature before must be for mixing?
                            Roof augers quite common in aust.

hoses are going to steel not hose intergrated in silo steps. with a valve bank at bottom connected to a remoted hydraulic pump powered by I think 18 hp motor now.. which will drive roof augers and unload auger.

power for fans is a 50 kva 3 phase or single phase diesel generator picked up for $6000 with a perkins motor will go for ever id think.

yeah I'm thinking I should have asked you guys a few questions.

plenty of farmer particularly in WA have 1500t brock silos. They have em lined up with one long roof auger with shutes

had a eneterprising grain buyer wander into silo site can be seen from main highway and asked hmmm you would be interested in in a share of a containerizing plant on this site. sorry bud wouldn't add up or would it?
                            Last edited by malleefarmer; Jan 30, 2017, 03:05.

Comment

seems to me brock are ok silos? any opinions welcome also have a cyclone butler

a guy about 80 kms away had a chinese bulk set up apparently 600t silos 3 off hmmm last wind storm they headed east and he wasn't insured and had no comeback on silo manufacturers or erecters 2 years old uninsured. Could be bs

the site is on 25 acres on a separate title about 1 km from highway logic was or is build a few more even store grain for others down the track. If it goes pear shaped sell as a going concern

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...